Our factories lead the way in environmental standards
Sustainability best practice We aim to minimize the impact of production on the planet and on the local environment.
When we build new facilities or improve existing ones, we use industry best practice to prevent unsustainable resource use, reduce environmental pollution and minimize the use of non-renewable energy.
Our production lines and assembly areas utilize energy-saving technologies.
We will meet or surpass all relevant environmental legislations, and our suppliers are expected to follow the same high environmental standards.
Aurobay has strict environmental controls. To prevent incidents, we have emergency response plans that are supported by regular data collection and established issue-reporting channels.
Environmental initiatives at our Skövde factory
- Skövde is powered solely by renewable energy sources.
- We reuse heat from our compressors, cooling systems and ventilation, making us self-sustainable down to 5°C.
- To promote biodiversity, meadow surfaces have been planted to host pollinating species.
- We sort our production waste and currently sell three different by-products to other industries.
- Waste aluminum is collected and sent to our aluminum supplier to be reused in our products.
- De-noising technologies reduce noise pollution in the local environment.
Read more → Our Sustainability Approach